Enhance Your Smile with Simple, Affordable Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a versatile procedure used in both cosmetic and restorative treatments. Bonding can address chips, cracks, and gaps between teeth for a lower cost than porcelain veneers. The simple procedure can also provide stunning results in just one appointment. At our Knoxville, TN, dental practice, Dr. Gary Kinder offers CareCredit® financing to help patients manage out-of-pocket costs. No matter what your dental goals, we can design a treatment plan to meet your needs and budget.
About Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a common dental procedure used to repair or enhance one or more teeth. Bonding involves the application of a tooth-colored composite resin material, which can be used to conceal a variety of cosmetic imperfections. Composite resin can also be used to fill small cavities for a healthy, beautiful, and seamless smile.
Dental bonding is a simple and straightforward treatment that can be completed in an hour or two.
Even patients with healthy teeth and gums may be unhappy with certain elements of their smile. Bonding may be recommended to conceal:
- Chipped or Fractured Teeth: Accidents such as sporting injuries or falls can result in a chipped tooth. Dental bonding can conceal the fracture, restoring the tooth to its original size and shape. In addition to the cosmetic benefit, bonding also offers added strength and stability.
- Tooth Discoloration: Intrinsic stains that do not respond to professional teeth whitening can be treated with a dental bonding procedure. Much like porcelain veneers, cosmetic bonding can camouflage discoloration for a beautiful smile.
- Spacing or Gaps: Patients who have gaps between the teeth can reduce or eliminate the spaces with dental bonding.
- Misshapen Teeth: Dental bonding can add length or width to a tooth so it will blend in with the surrounding teeth. This can create an overall more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Misaligned Teeth: Slightly crooked teeth can often be treated with dental bonding. By strategically applying the composite resin material to a tooth, it can appear as though it is flush against the adjacent teeth.
The Bonding Procedure
Dental bonding is a simple and straightforward treatment that can be completed in an hour or two. Before the procedure begins, Dr. Kinder will choose a composite resin material that matches your surrounding teeth. Next, the treatment area will be isolated to keep the materials from affecting the adjacent teeth.
To prepare the tooth for bonding, a mildly acidic solution will be applied to roughen the surface of the enamel. After a few seconds, the solution will be rinsed off, and your tooth will be thoroughly dried. The composite resin will carefully be applied in layers, then the material will be hardened with a special curing light. Finally, the material will be shaped and smoothed. Your bite will be assessed, and any necessary adjustments will be made.
Why Choose Bonding?
Many patients choose dental bonding because of the numerous benefits:
- Affordability: Several of our patients choose dental bonding over porcelain veneers because the treatment is so cost-effective. In fact, bonding is one of the least expensive treatments in dentistry.
- Durability: Advanced dental materials are strong and durable. Composite resin can last up to ten years with proper care.
- Immediate Results: Dental bonding can be completed in a single office visit. Patients enjoy the fact they can leave the office with a brand-new smile.
- Lifelike Appearance: Today’s advanced dental materials offer lifelike and natural-looking results.
Boost Your Confidence
If you are dissatisfied with certain aspects of your smile, dental bonding could be right for you. To find out if you are a candidate, schedule an appointment with Dr. Kinder. You can call our office at (865) 539-6030 or contact us using our online form.